The Habitudes® System is a growing list of courses/books each containing thirteen (13) themes/images which speak to character and leadership principles. When themes are introduced to students as images combined with interesting stories, Going Deeper stories, guided discussions, and reflection questions, students find new ways to connect with the material and are able to retain the content better because the information is captured in a single image (i.e. symbol).
How It Works
Habitudes® is a unique leadership training system specifically designed to turn ordinary students into growing leaders. The philosophy is simple… people need two (2) ingredients to mature into growing leaders:
To fully equip and prepare, instructors need an EVENT to spark the flame, and an ongoing PROCESS to keep it going.
Using the power of images, conversations and learning experiences, the Habitudes® leader development systems build young men and women into leaders who can solve problems and serve people. Here’s how:
- Habitudes® enables schools to teach students in a simple fashion and brief period of time.
- Habitudes® sparks conversations that go as deep as the maturity of our students.
- Habitudes® offers schools a set of transferable concepts that students can teach as well.
- Habitudes® furnishes schools with a shared language to foster a character and leadership culture.
Experiential, Participatory, Image rich, & Connected
Students don’t need another sage on the stage, they need a guide on the side. This is why all of the Habitudes® systems are EPIC.
- E – (Experiential): I want more than a lecture. I want an experience that provokes and incentivizes me.
- P – (Participatory): I want to participate in the outcomes of the program. I want to upload my thoughts.
- I – (Image-rich): I want a picture to engage me, help me explore new perspectives and remember ideas.
- C – (Connected): I want to interact with others socially on the issue in person and through technology.
Why is teaching with images so effective?
- The majority of people are visual learners
- Pictures stick
- Metaphors can provide a language for people
- Pictures can accelerate understanding
- Images engage our right brain and our emotions
- Pictures make us want to express and respond
- Visuals tell stories in our imagination
- Pictures enable us to store huge volumes of information in our memories
- Images are the oldest form of curriculum and the preferred method for learning today
- Teacher Guides
- Learning objectives
- Creative activities/icebreakers
- Going Deeper section (extra stories)
- Movie clip ideas that related to each of the Habitudes®
- Bonus creative elements and questions
- Student Books
- Discussion questions
- Video Series
- DVD teaching sessions with Dr. Tim Elmore for each image (15-18 minutes each)
- PowerPoint presentations for each image. Includes the key points and discussion questions
- Poster Sets
- Available for each image to post in hallways, training facilities, classroom or give out to students
- Habitudes® Online enables our facilitators to access all of the Habitudes® teaching resources from any device with internet access
- Instructors can display all of the teaching resources on a BIG screen in the classroom
Gamified Resources (Optional)
- Habitudes® Play is a curated experience in a web-based interactive gaming platform wherein participants can compete with one another while learning core leadership principles
- Watch videos, solve puzzles, journal, complete challenges, encourage others, and more all while competing and earning points