PEP Talks for Parents are designed to Engage, Educate, Entertain, Encourage, and Empower (E 5) parents as they navigate the trials and tribulations often associated with parenting today’s youth. We offer a series of three (3) workshop events which last between 90-120 minutes each. The talks are designed to help parents reclaim their primary role as parents (as well as people who actually had lives before their children were born).
- The 1st PEP Talk for Parents examines the past (i.e. choices made, patterns set, acceptance, forgiveness, how we got here, etc.)
- The 2nd PEP Talk for Parents discusses the present (i.e. current strengths/weaknesses, successes/failures, milestones/obstacles, etc.)
- The 3rd PEP Talk for Parents explores the future (i.e. preparing our children for adulthood, creating a living legacy, etc.)
Over the past three (3) years, I have delivered over 100 PEP Talks for Parents stretching from South Milwaukee, WI to Peshtigo, WI. One of the resources utilized is the book, The Biggest Job We’ll Ever Have, written by Laura and Malcolm Gauld.
The intent of the workshops is to…
- Develop a community of parents as a resource for all families, legal guardians, and caregivers.
- Create a safe space where parents can share their stories of success, failure, joy, heartache, and hope.
- Engage with each other and offer guidance, advice, and support
- Educate with sound best practices, discuss resources, etc.